The following are paraprosdokians -phrases or sentences with an unexpected ending – attributed to writer and actor, Steven Wright:
- I have a large seashell collection which I keep scattered on the beaches all over the world. Maybe you’ve seen it.
- Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.
- When I first read the dictionary, I thought it was a long poem about everything.
- I’m addicted to placebos. I could quit, but it wouldn’t matter.
- All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand.